Friday, August 28, 2020

Living Like You Dying

Dedicated to the Memory of Chadwick Boseman, a King

August 28, 2020
I didn’t know Chadwick Boseman...I don't know his family or a whole lot of details of his back story. I know I love him as an actor. Like watching Jamie Foxx in Ray (2004), I always forget he's not the person he is portraying. Chadwick brought out the empathy in you to feel the emotions of any character he embodied. That is no easy feat...and as a movie goer it seemed so effortlessly...Part of his purpose.
When Chadwick Boseman entered a scene, he embodied his character...he made us believe
When Chadwick Boseman entered a scene, he
 embodied his character...he made us believe

I don't know Chadwick Boseman. I do know that he battled cancer in the midst of making a bunch of movies. I get it. I get being diagnosed with cancer tends to change everything. It did for me...it tends to push people to live each day like it is your last day (because it just might be). You live like you are dying. So, you give the world every bit of you...leaving nothing in the tank.

IF
you survive cancer on this side of eternity, there are no off days. Giving every ounce of energy you have is a requirement...you do it because it is a slap in the face to anyone who didn't physically survive their cancer…I find myself pushing to my limits in all that I do...parenting, marriage, work, fitness, learning...in your mind you tell yourself there's no letting up. You honor those who fought cancer in how you live.
Chadwick Boseman was not just an actor, he was a King to so many
Chadwick Boseman was not just an actor,
he was a King to so many

For those who wanna honor Chadwick, be the best version of yourself. Be the best contributor to humanity that you can be. Stop waiting for a comic book beginning that gives you superpowers. Be great now!

And if being the best version of yourself is not you right now, ask yourself, "why?" Ask yourself, “what are you willing to do to be the best version of you?" For the United States of America, we are NOT the best version of ourselves...and if we are being honest, we have never been. Fortunately, our past doesn't have to be our future. It can be better.

A wise king once shared something that too many people ignored: "In times of crisis, the wise build bridges while the foolish build barriers." What will you build for the future?

-  Elgrie J


#ChadwickBoseman
#ChadwickBosemanForever
#WakandaForever  

7 comments:

  1. You’re an amazing person! You, like Chadwick give us so much hope. It is an honor to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ELgrie you are my family we Cousin's, Cousins LOL! God Bless you! This is SO POWERFUL AND MEANINGFUL! My Godson is 13 and he read this and said how much your words helped him! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read Elgrie! We all need to have a consistent check-ins on if we are giving our best self to all areas we encompass and this article was a good reminder of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elgrie, I am moved whenever you speak from your soul to my soul. And therein resounds the connection and reverberating change of hearts we seek. Thank you, again! ...Mr. Bell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly Bro. Very well stated. BE the best version of yourself in every way. #APhiA #ThereGoesAnAlphaMan 🤙🏿

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me a while to read this because I knew it would personal for you. Thank you for sharing your experience and journey. Your heart shined through every word. Sending you love and light.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am all about being HURD! This blog was created to tell my story; the good, the bad and the ugly. Hopefully the posts will motivate, educate, and empower others to find ways to leave this planet better than when it was given to them. If you are interested in supporting this blog, please follow me. I am available for speaking engagements and training workshops anywhere in the United States of America (and abroad). If you are interested in me as a presenter or supporting in other ways, I can be reached via email at EnvisionYourSuccessDFW@gmail.com. #ProjectTheCure #EnvisionYourSuccess #ProjectDissertation